Sunday, May 25, 2014

A Chilly Interview

A Chilly Interview

This is about a nasty prank that was played on me. One day, I had a job interview that was scheduled for early in the morning. I was rushing to put on my clothes when I realized that something was missing. I asked my little sister, "Where is my bra?" And she said, "Maybe you should check in the freezer." Damn her, she had known I was going to an interview -- so the night before, she collected all my bras, soaked them in water, and stuck them in the freezer! They were frozen solid. I mean, I could have beaten someone to death with one of those things (and believe me, I was tempted). I was in a HUGE hurry, though. Searching for the bras had wasted way too much of my time, and I figured "What the hell. I don't really need a bra anyway." So I just rushed out the door, and drove to the interview.

The man who interviewed me seemed nice, and I thought the interview was going pretty well, but there was a problem. I'd picked my clothes before I realized that I wouldn't have a bra, so I was wearing a tee-shirt that was sort of tight. And there was air-conditioning in the room.  REALLY cold air-conditioning. So my nipples became sort of...well...perky. VERY perky. I tried to act as if nothing strange was happening, but the interviewer kept looking at my chest with a sort of bemused look on his face. I don't know whether he thought that I was a slut, or that I was just really, really enjoying that interview.

Anyway, I did not get the job.  However, he suggested that I try for a wait staff position at a restaurant located nearby.

4 comments:

  1. Great story! I've had a similar embarrassment; but simply neglected to wear my bra. They weren't frozen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An amusing tale. Going braless is not an option in Minnesota.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An enjoyable story. In the immortal words of Bill Clinton, "I feel your pain."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sister sounds very mischievous. You have to have more sister stories.

    ReplyDelete